Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Periscope Craze



There is a PERISCOPE craze going on!  Periscope is an online LIVE broadcasting system that a ton of teachers have hopped onto!  What are teachers talking about?  Some teachers are talking about the following:

  • Lesson ideas
  • Classroom themes
  • Get to know you sessions
  • Periscope tips
  • Blog and teaching tips
  • Store Hauls--like Target, Walmart, and more!
  • Q & A Sessions
The list of ideas goes on and on!  I am LOVIN' Periscope!  If you are a teacher and aren't on yet, you need to be.  I jumped on the bandwagon and started 'scoping' too.  At first, I was a little nervous and the camera was even shaking, but, as time went on, I started to become more comfortable in front of the camera and even started to get some followers.  I appreciate those of you who are following me and who are consistently coming to my chat sessions!  

In the spirit of Sheila Jane Teaching's link up I am going to share with you three people that I follow on Periscope.  These people are some of my favorite ones to follow because they post things that I can relate to.  Here they are:

Second Grade Sizzle is part of the #secondgradetribe and she is doing AMAZING things on Periscope!  She has started something called Tech Tips Tuesday and will be sharing different techie tips with all of you.  Today, she did a broadcast on APP smashing.  I loved it!  
Blog: http://sellingthesizzle42.blogspot.com


TCHR888 is a kindergarten teacher in my home state of NM!  #NMblogger  She has been doing some really cool broadcasts on kinder reading strategies and website finds.  If you haven't checked her out, especially if you teach kinder, you need to do it now!
Blog: http://tchr888mrsbryant.blogspot.com


Suzy was one of the first to hop onto Periscope!  She was doing some broadcasts live from the TPT conference in Vegas just last week.  She has a FABULOUS TPT store and I know that her broadcasts will be great!  
Blog: http://onthegoteachermama.blogspot.com


So, there you have it!  Periscope is THE BOMB!  I am slightly addicted and it is starting to take over my life.  If you haven't checked out some of my broadcasts please do.  I usually do one each day.  

Periscope tip for new watchers: Broadcasts are only LIVE for 24 hours, which means you need to watch the broadcast within 24 hours from when it was completed in order to view it.  












4 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Now on to share this post! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love learning about kinder stuff! I printed off things from ABC mouse for my 4 year old! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I am LOVIN' Periscope! I can't stop answering the whistle! LOL! I still haven't brought myself to do a broadcast yet. Maybe if I would fix my hair and actually get dressed... time enough when school starts! LOL! I'm your newest Periscope follower!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela,

      Thanks for stopping by! I love periscoping :). I am glad you are watching. You should REALLY try it!

      Delete