Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday 5--My Week

I am joining Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday!  I have been busy planning away for the 2016-2017 school year and it always starts with getting excited about a new classroom theme!   
1.  This week I joined a new TRIBE Facebook group called Lucky 2nd Grade Learners.  It has been so amazing to collaborate and share ideas with like minded educators, who also teach the same grade!  I have enjoyed getting to know people in this group and have enjoyed getting some new ideas from teachers too!  One of my takeaways was a TEACHER toolbox!  I am sure you have seen them, any many of you probably have them, but I DIDN'T, but now thanks to the group, I DO!  It's gorgeous and will fit perfectly in my classroom.  Here is a link to my Facebook page so you can see how I put it together!  
2.  Planning my NEW classroom theme is in full swing!  This year I am doing a BEACH theme and I couldn't be more excited.  Getting my room ready sets the stage for ME and my students.  When I get excited, I know it spills over into my student's engagement too.  Every summer I scour fabric stores trying to find the perfect fabric to cover my crate seats that students sit on during Guided Reading.  I fell in love with this fabric and know my kiddos will LOVE it too!  
3.  Each year, I have my husband, oh so crafty husband, build something for my classroom.  It is usually the focal point for my reading area and it really draws attention to the heart of my classroom (the library).  I am still keeping this part a secret and will reveal it in a periscope closer to when school starts, but here is a tease on what may be included.  This may not be the final look, but it is definitely an inspiration as to what is to come!  
4.  Over the summer, one of my favorite things is to BINGE watch t.v. on Netflix (as much as my own kiddos will let me).  This week I have found an old gem that is ABSOLUTELY one of my favs--Gilmore Girls.  Who doesn't love the relationship between Rory and her mom?!?  I love their witty banter and the dynamic of their relationship.  If you need something to BINGE on, do it GILMORE style!  
5.  Pokemon Go!  If you haven't jumped on this bandwagon, make sure to at least check it out!  My son and husband have been playing this past week and it has been such a joy to see them wandering the neighborhood catching Pokemon!  They are spending quality time with one another and listening to there conversations has been a JOY.  I am not saying that I necessarily understand ALL THE BUZZ, but I do appreciate what it is doing for many around the world!  People are spending time together, getting outside, and having fun.  Isn't that what summer is all about?!?
Have a great rest of your week!  





5 comments:

  1. I enjoy watching Gilmore Girls also. I can get it Weekdays 4:00-10:00 most nights. Interested in the reunion show! Loved 2nd grade when I taught it years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your teacher toolbox looks great! My husband and I have been watching Gilmore Girls, too. When my daughter was a baby and NEVER SLEPT, I watched a lot of Gilmore Girls on DVD!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I can't wait to use it next year!

      Delete
  3. Poppet!! I am doing a beach theme this year as well!! I can't wait to see and share ideas with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks great! Congratulations. I have always thought about doing the 5 for Friday. Yea.
    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete